HIAS Headquarters – New York, NY
The intern will work with the Vice President of Finance & Administration to develop cost allocation methods and Excel schedules. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in designing various financial models that will enable management to make informed business decisions. This is a great opportunity for someone who is studying accounting/finance and wants to assist in providing practical analysis for critical business decisions.
- Developing Excel spreadsheets to allocate costs to various programs
- Analyzing and documenting process methods of allocating overhead costs to various program activities
- Assisting the Vice President of Finance & Administration with presentations on cost allocation processes and procedures
- Must currently be pursuing a degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated interest in financial modeling and presentations
- Creative thinker and problem solver with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Commitment of at least 15 hours/week for a duration of 10 weeks (some scheduling flexibility)
Interested applicants should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (please explain your interest in the position and indicate semester/time availability)
- Contact information for 3 references
No calls please. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Please note: HIAS internships are unfunded, but we work with schools to assist students in obtaining credit or funding. HIAS is located at 333 7th Ave @28th Street—walking distance from Penn Station and on the #1 subway line at 28th Street.