New York Headquarters: HIAS Young Leaders Summer Internship
The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) seeks an intern for the Young Leaders program for the summer of 2010. Through a combination of educational, fundraising, advocacy and service initiatives and events, HIAS’ Young Leaders (HYL)- a group of dedicated Jewish young professionals and students in their 20s and 30s - generate new and creative ways to help the organization continue its longstanding mission of rescue, resettlement and reunification, while bringing a new generation into the HIAS family.
The HYL summer intern will work full time for 8-10 weeks during the summer.
The internship will focus on the following areas:
1) Work with Young Leaders Coordinator to research and create more comprehensive publicity methods and resources for HIAS Young Leaders events and initiatives.
2) Be responsible for designing and managing an archival system and presentation materials from HIAS Young Leaders past documents and photos.
3) Assist in ongoing facilitation of HIAS Young Leaders Community Service Projects with local immigrant and refugee communities.
4) Assist in planning and implementation of Young Leadership events including, but not limited to:
a) Benefit Parties
b) Educational Events
c) Advocacy Initiatives
5) The Young Leadership intern will also assist in the following areas as needed:
a) Outreach phone calls, emails, mailings
c) Database upkeep
d) General administrative support
proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet; strong research and writing skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to learn; background working with immigrants/other cultures desirable; proficiency in one or more of the following languages a plus: Russian, Spanish, Farsi; experience in designing printed materials are helpful, but not required; a flexible schedule allowing for after-hours meetings is beneficial.
CREDIT: If possible, credit will be provided. No stipend available.
SUPERVISION: Intern will work closely with Young Leaders Coordinator.
WHEN TO APPLY: Applicants are encouraged to submit information as early as possible. Although this internship is slated for the summer, if there is mutual interest, it can be extended.
Please send resume and cover letter to Miriam Ignatoff, Young Leaders Coordinator, HIAS, Inc. 333 Seventh Avenue, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10001; email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 212-967-4356, Attn: Miriam Ignatoff.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.