Immigration/Refugee Policy Intern
The immigration/refugee policy intern will work with HIAS’ Washington, DC office on efforts to advocate for generous and just immigration and refugee policies. HIAS is seeking candidates with a strong interest in government affairs and advocacy.
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing for various special projects related to immigration, refugee, and asylum policy, advocacy, and programs in support of HIAS’ U.S. and international programs
- Monitor and report on congressional hearings, legislative affairs, and news stories
- Assist with regular publications, such as the HIAS monthly newsletter
- Assist with the development and implementation of local events
- Other duties related to program development, management, operations, grassroots outreach, database upkeep, grants, and general office support
- Undergraduate student
- Experience with immigration, refugees, and/or policy preferred
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task between administrative and programmatic issues, and manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English; bilingual a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word & Excel) and internet research
Interested applicants should email the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (please explain your interest in the position and indicate semester/time availability)
- Brief writing sample (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact information for 3 references
Applicants must currently be pursuing their degree. No calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: HIAS internships are unfunded but we work with schools to assist students in obtaining credit or funding. HIAS operates as an equal opportunity workplace.