HIAS Headquarters – New York, NY
The Office Manager will assist with coordinating the daily administrative functions in HIAS’ New York City office to ensure the office operates efficiently and professionally. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, with no dedicated staff. The position is available immediately.
- Manage daily administrative office functions.
- Ensure maintenance of office space.
- Coordinate office services and appropriate coverage.
- Coordinate space needs with various departments.
- Liaise with building management on issues such as requests and repairs.
- Manage vendor relationships, including cost comparisons and negotiation of contracts.
- Maintain the mailroom and oversee ordering of office supplies, movement of records, deliveries, etc.
- Work closely with members of management to maintain standards and comply with policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years of office management experience with an understanding of daily office operations in a mid-size agency.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain composure, be flexible, and exercise discretion and sound professional judgment.
- Must be a team player who requires minimal supervision and has a willingness to “roll up sleeves” to get the job done, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Fluency in English required.
- Expertise with Microsoft Suite and the internet required.
Interested applicants should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Salary history
Compensation is commensurate with experience, ranging between $40,000 and $50,000.
No calls please. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.