Policy & Programs Manager
The Policy and Programs Manager will assist the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Policy and Programs and the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Programs with coordination, liaising, research, and administrative support of both the U.S. and International Programs Departments in NY and the Policy and Advocacy Department in Washington DC. While the position is based in New York and reports to the Associate VP, it provides assistance to and collaboration with our Washington D.C. office.
- Manage Programs/Development grants database and conduct research, writing, and administrative tasks in support of grant proposals for U.S. and international programs.
- Coordinate HIAS’ internship programs in NY and Washington, DC.
- Assist with confidential and sensitive information pertaining to staffing/management, performance appraisals, salaries, etc.
- Conduct research and writing for new and special projects and reports.
- Participate in internal/external meetings and conference calls, drafting minutes and memos for dissemination.
- Liaise between various HIAS departments to facilitate inter and intra-departmental projects, communication, and collaboration.
- Coordinate and plan conferences, inter and intra-departmental meetings, and events pursuant to Policy and Programs initiatives.
- Assist the SVP, AVP, and the department directors with coordinating and memorializing Board program committee meetings.
- Ensure that Policy and Programs department receives copies of all program proposals, grants, reports, and publications created by various HIAS departments.
- Maintain a filing system for the Policy and Programs department.
- Evaluate the HIAS website and coordinate with various HIAS departments to ensure components are current and useful.
- Supervise a part-time assistant to the Associate Vice-President.
- Other duties related to program development, management, and operations as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA required.
- Interest and knowledge of the U.S. refugee resettlement program and/or immigration preferred.
- Experience with and interest in Jewish service agencies a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with South Africa and/or Venezuela a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task between projects and issues, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Strong research, analytical, oral, and written skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; bilingual a plus but not required.
- Language proficiency in Spanish, French, Hebrew, or Russian preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) and the Internet.
Interested applicants should email the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Brief writing sample (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact information for 3 references