PT Assistant to the Associate VP
The Part-Time Assistant will provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Associate Vice President for HIAS’ U.S. and International Programs at the HIAS HQ/NY office. This is a part-time position (15-18 hours per week) at $12/hour.
- Administrative oversight related to confidential information including salary, performance appraisals, management structure/staffing, and other sensitive information.
- Other administrative functions including filing; preparation of expense reports and travel authorizations for senior management; editing/proofreading; information technology; scheduling; communications; bookkeeping; purchasing; development of materials (i.e. charts, reports); etc.
- Draft notes, forward reminders, and coordinate logistics for conference calls and meetings.
- Other assignments related to program development, management, and operations as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma and at least one year of college.
- Ability to work 15-18 hours per week on a set schedule.
- Experience with, or the ability to master, office administrative duties, including office communications, meeting planning, copying, etc.
- Interest and knowledge of the US refugee resettlement program and/or immigration preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task between projects, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet).
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills; experience working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds a plus.
- Knowledge of Jewish community and Jewish organizations preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Russian, or Farsi a plus.
Interested applicants should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including days and times available
- Brief writing sample (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact information for 3 references