Refugee Resettlement Caseworker
HIAS is seeking a caseworker with experience working with refugees in the context of refugee status determinations, representation, resettlement and/or voluntary repatriation. The successful candidate will be deployed in Jordan for a 3-6 month period beginning September or October 2013 (possibly sooner). The position will focus on identifying and preparing cases for resettlement with a particular emphasis on refugees with serious medical conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates must possess strong analytical skills and fluency in both oral and written English to articulate and draft referrals for resettlement
- Proficiency in Arabic is required in order to interview potential applicants
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience with UNHCR, DOS, DHS, refugee agencies, refugee/asylum case preparation, and/or knowledge of refugee processing is a plus
Interested applicants should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining interest and availability
- Short writing sample (no more than 3 pages)
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.