Amid the largest refugee crisis in recorded history, the U.S. has slammed its doors on tens of thousands of refugees. The future of refugee resettlement and asylum hinge on the positions of the leaders we elect in November, and we are calling on all candidates from all political parties in all parts of the country to commit to welcoming refugees.
In this call you’ll hear stories from refugees and activists impacted by anti-refugee policies, and map out a plan for these last few weeks before the election.
In this call you will hear from:
- Melanie Nezer, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs at HIAS
- Rebecca Kirzner, Senior Director of Grassroots Campaigns at HIAS
- Nadia Kasvin, Co-Founder and Director of US Together
- Kassim Rajab, Congolese refugee now living in Madison, WI
- Mohammed Ghanem, Syrian refugee now living in Charlotte, NC