How to Take Action for Asylum Seekers
Thank you for downloading the HIAS Passover Haggadah.
While you’re waiting for your download, please take a moment to sign-up to receive occasional updates from HIAS.
No thanks (or already on HIAS list)
Children in detention. Family separation. Denial of a fair and humane asylum process. The crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border is a moral one, and it is time for each of us to take a stand for the rights, dignity, and lives of those seeking safety in our country.
Here's how you can take action this summer with HIAS and our partner organizations:
Now is the time to raise your voice in support of the rights, dignity, and safety of asylum seekers.
- Sign a quick petition in support of Asylum Seekers
- Join a Lights for Liberty vigil in your area on July 12 (if your Shabbat practice permits)
- Join our August advocacy campaign. Sign-up to organize an in-district meeting with your Members of Congress, and we will be in touch with instructions.
- Ask your Rabbis and Cantors to sign a Jewish Clergy Letter in support of Asylum Seekers and to deliver it to Members of Congress
- Organize an action for Tisha B'Av through our partner organization, T'ruah
Volunteers are needed at the border and in communities around the country.
- Join a HIAS pro-bono legal delegation to the border
- Volunteer with HIAS as a pro-bono attorney in New York City or the DC Metro area
- Volunteer with HIAS in the New York area or the DC Metro area
- Organize a trip to the border to volunteer, for your synagogue or community.
- Organize a legal delegation to the border, for lawyers from your synagogue or community
- Find an updated list of volunteer and donation needs at the border, from Love Resists
Make an in-kind or financial donation to support the work of HIAS and our partners
- Make a contribution to HIAS to support our work to provide assistance to asylum seekers
- Learn about all in-kind contributions to HIAS here.
- Donate to HIAS' partner organizations in El Paso and San Diego:
- Donate to a Community Bail Fund to help immigrants meet their bond
- Watch our new video to learn about asylum, and to hear the stories of our clients, in ther own words.